Wednesday, 15 August 2012

A long overdue (birthday) post

I'm still alive and I am 24 today. I've been pretty busy (read RUBBISH) and haven't posted anything for a while but here is an inspirational, image heavy post to brighten up this crappy and wet Wednesday.

1. 'Fuck Snow'/'Your Mom' mittens by Heather.
If I could knit, I'd definitely be making ridiculous mittens like these.



2. 'Sweater letter "C"' by Maricor and Maricar Manalo.
Who doesn't like hand embroidered text in the style of knitted sweaters? I wish I had to patience to do something like this. They have more on their website so go have a butchers.


3. 'How do you wear a mask?' by Karen Barbe.
Her blog is full of pleasant embroidery and pretty photos. Yes this is indeed a cross stitch mask made from what appears to be a cereal box. I chose this for the lols. I better start eating some coco pops.

 

4. The babe Charlotte Lancelot.
I've blogged about her before but recently a whole bunch of new photos have cropped up. Someone hurry up and buy me a rug so I can stop banging on about how AMAZING they are.



5. Concrete cross stitch.
I couldn't tell you who made this as it was just 'one of those things' somebody somewhere noticed but if you are interested in concrete and reinforcement of paving slabs here is the informative but visually dog eggs website.



6. 'Pointe de croix' by Alnoor for Diacasan.
Yes, another rug but this time made from some hardcore devore-ing (don't think I'll ever get the chance to say that again).
“Each of my creations has a meaning. Result of a reflection on semantic, my designs contain a symbolic message where hazard does not have its place.” Typical French designer blurb.



And that's your fill for the day. Next time I won't leave it so long.

2 comments:

  1. I fucking love those mittens. LOVE.
    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some for Christmas. I already have a lovely 'get fucked' bobble hat!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete