Sunday, 3 February 2013

Inspiration - Gry Fager

Stumbled across these amazing cross stitch ceramics by Danish designer Gry Fager. Doesn't the new Marks and Spencer's home range look suspiciously like this, even down to the colour? Boo. I thought better of you M&S!









































"The main idea behind my line of kitchenware named “Stitches” has been to create a series of quality products for everyday use that aspires to provide the consumer with a positive visual experience.

My aim was to design a line that is simple and clean in the overall shapes, yet classical and stylish in its depth, this being highlighted by the colour scheme and small details in the recognizable patterns. A pattern taken from the Danish tradition of cross stitches.

I have often drawn on inspirations from patterns and prints known from various fabrics and textiles and this time I have focused on cross stitch designs.

The line is crafted in porcelain and decorated by utilizing the unique paper decoration technique, transfer print, allowing a broad range of colours and patterns to be applied to the various items of the line.

I put great personal emphasis on creating products that are very usable, and products that people will find joy in using in their everyday life. In my various projects I focus on increasing awareness of something recognizable and reminiscent in new contexts, hereby telling a story and spark the imagination.
"

I will obtain at least a couple of these pieces for my new house. Love it. Here's a couple of places you can purchase online:

Cahetu - www.cahetu.com
Foldoys - www.foldoys.com


No comments:

Post a Comment