Monday, 11 February 2013

Inspiration - moving house

Distinct lack of posts recently due to being busy with moving house (or at least preparing to move house...11 more sleeps to go!) and I am so excited to be moving into such a lovely apartment full of character and a space to work that isn't my bedroom.

Anyway, enough gushing over the new house. Here's a couple of things I've been inspired by recently that I would love in the new place:

Kelli Crawford's amazing couch.



JUST LOOK AT IT. I've been desperately trying to find the creator to this sofa to no avail. If anyone wants to shed some light into this it would be much appreciated.


Norwegian designer based in Berlin, Siren Elise Wilhelmsen's '365 knitting clock'


'365 knitting clock', prototype. Wood, wool and acrylic glass, 36 x 15 x 50 cm, 2010.

From her website:

"365 is stitching the time as it passes by. It is knitting 24 hours a day and one year at the time, showing the physical representation of time as a creative and tangible force. After 365 days the clock has turned the passed year into a 2-m long scarf. Now the past can be carried out in the future and the upcoming year is hiding in a new spool of thread, still unknitted."

www.sirenelisewilhelmsen.com

3 comments:

  1. This sofa is so wonderful. I LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just? I've tried to find out more about it with no luck. It is amazing. I really want one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't think like the people who experienced moving house as a most weird task..!

    ReplyDelete